Guys.Dumplings/gyozas are my favorite things. They’re just so good. But this time…. we’ve gone way past good and entered AMAZING. This sauce… the dragon sauce. OMGGG. I’ve been putting it on EVERYTHING since we found the recipe (here) from the restaurant aux vivres (that we love!). I will never thank enough the girl from “La bouche pleine” for sharing the recipe!!
My husband made the super simple filling. Everything together is just divine (got to go make some byyeee!) and plus they’re vegan!
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 tbsp oil (olive or vegetable)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- 3-4 garlic cloves
Dumplings (about 35)
- 1 big onion
- 1 cup edamame (we buy ours frozen)
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage (Napa cabbage)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger (finely chopped or grated)
- “dumpling wrappers”
1. Cut the onion, cabbage and add edamame to the pan and heat on medium heat with some oil
2. While that’s cooking, chop the ginger and press the garlic and add to the mix
3. Heat for about 10 minutes, until everything is soft.
You can put the mix in your blender or food processor to make sure everything is cut up n smaller pieces.
4. Start wrapping!
6. Let them dry a bit (it helps to put them on a cloth)
7. While you wait, mix the ingredients for the sauce in your blender (of put in a mason jar and shake well)
8. Steam cook your dumplings
Optionnal : For added crispiness, once steam cooked, grill them in the pan