*I don’t know why the pictures for this article only work on a computer and not on mobile devices ?
Loving fruit slice DIY s this week (and still have more to come!)
I had this idea in mind since last summer when I saw the round towel bythe beach people. I kept the idea in my head all this time untilll NOW !!!
The ones by the beach people are more “towel like”, I used thick coton which makes it more of a towel/table cloth/picnic blanket.
Here’s what you need to make it
- Thick fushia coton (1,20 m)
- black fabric paint
- white hot fix bias (5m – here 3 2m packs)
- green pompoms (5 m)
- white thread
- sewing machine (for the pompoms)
- paint brushes
- chalk + string + stick
- seed template to print: here
1) With the string, attach the chalk to a stick to make a compass. Trace a circle that is the width of the fabric (about 1,20 m)
2) Once you have your circle, cut it
3) With the iron, apply the bias following the packet instructions
* If you have several pieces like I did, just overlay them and continue
(p.s.your fabric might change color when you iron, it’s normal and temporary!)
4) Print the template, cut out the seeds and use them as a stencil (I used the medium and small ones)
*For the paint to hold, iron once it is dried*
6) With your sewing machine, sew the pompoms all around, under the towel on the bias so you can see only the pompons.
oopsy I accidentally ordered 4 meters… that’s why there’s 15 cm missing!
YOU’RE BEACH READY!
One comment on “DIY watermelon round towel”
Saved as a favorite, I really like your