I’ve lived in several different places these last few years and every time, knowing it was temporary made me not want to invest time or money in decoration. It annoyed me that I knew I was going to have to get rid of everything and buy it again elsewhere…
I am now back at my parents’ house temporarily before going back to Montreal this summer… but this is no reason not to start claiming my old room back!
I saw some bulletin boards going around recently and i wanted to try my own variation of the “DIY cube effect bulletin board” to have a place to pin some travel pictures that are just hanging around in closed drawers. (I’m a bit nostalgic recently hence the “travel charm bracelet“)
- cork (I used cheap cork from the dollar store and it’s very friable I would suggest getting better quality like this one)
- chalky paint (white, apricot)
- paint brushes
- template (download here)
- blue tack
- Cut the template to have the diamond shapes. Trace on the cork.
2. Cut the cork and place them like you would want them on your wall
3. Paint 2 coats following your pattern and leave to dry.
4. Stick the pieces on your wall with sticky tack !
Ajoutez vos photos!
don’t forget to follow me on instagram!