Just in time to start October… here is my favorite pumpkin cupcakes recipe (from here). It’s actually the one I made to try and seduce my boyfriend nearly 4 years ago (spoiler alert : it worked!… but I was so nervous I didn’t even eat one !! )
Ingredients for 24 cupcakes:
- 3 cups (390 g.) flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. de cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves *
- 1 c. tsp. salt
- 1 cup (225 g.) butter, room temperature
- 2 cupes (400 g.) brown sugar
- 4 eggs **
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (340 g.) pumpkin purée ***
For the icing
- 1 paquet (250 g.) cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp (60 g.) butter, toom tempearture
- 3 cups(350 g.) icing sugar
*If I can’t find ground ones I grind them with whatever I have on hand because I tried grinding them in the vitamix… BAD IDEA IT ATTACKE THE PLASTIC !!
** you could probably veganise with 1 cup off applesauce! Will try next year!
*** If you live in america you can just buy some in a can. If not I buy frozen ones and defrost them and purée them by hand or in the blender (or you could buy a pumpkin, cook it and purée it… an make soup with the leftovers!)
1. Mix flour, baking powder + soda, spices + salt in a large bowl(+ preheat oven at 350 °F/ 180 °C)
2. In a seperate bowl mix sugar, butter until light.
3. Add eggs, one at a time + vanilla extract
4. With your mixer on low, add in 3 additions the dry ingredient mix alternating with the pumpkin purée
Bake at 350 °F/ 180 °C for 18 – 20 minutesor until toothpick comes out clean
For the icing, mix butter and cream cheese. Then slowly add the icing sugar. Adjust the doses to your taste (more sugar = icing that holds but loss of cream cheese taste!)
Wait for your cupcakes to cool to ice them!