I always feel a little but awkward when i make DIY’s inspired by ‘real jewelry’ but then i tell myself I’m actually getting you to know to brand behind it and for those of you who want to create rather than buy… there’s the tutorial!
So today I am presenting the creator Gaelle Quéméneur whom I discovered a long time ago (27 months says instagram) because of a photo of one of here necklaces posted by Baidelangoue who is also a creator of bags and accessories… See how it all connects?
I loved the original necklace and I’m really happy about how my DIY turned out. It’s perfect for fall, very pocahontas chic.
You will need :
- Ultra Suede Ribbon Fringes
- Crimp end for ribbon 17 mm
- 4 rings (5 mm) *
- gold chain *
- lobster clasp 9 mm
- Embroidery thread
- strong glue
- optional : threading needle (it helps)
*I used “gold filled” materials to get a longer lasting gold
The steps for this DIY a pretty easy:
- Cut pieces of the fringe ribbon in different lengths: 1 long, 1 medium, 1 short for the center piece and 2 others of the same length for the sides (i did the same size as the smallest one)
- Cut a piece of thread (pretty long) and wrap it around several times at the beginning of your piece (leaving a longish piece to tie off) and start wrapping it around to make little crosses. I left une fringe in between each cross.
- When you get to the end, wrap the thread 2 – 3 times and using a threading needle if you have one, go back under with the thread and tie a knot. Do the same with the thread at the beginning.
- When all your pieces are ready you can create your center piece by glueing the medium piece to the big one and the small piece onto the medium one.
- Insert your crimp ends and tighten them with plyers.
- Link the crimp ends togother with your rings and attach chain and clasp.