I’d been searching for a while for a good vegan cupcake recipe. I tried a few and … it’s not for nothing that they’re not on my blog… but THESE ONES! …OMG THEY’RE DELICIOUS!! And I LOVE salty caramel…!!! Mmmm. I made them the first time for a birthday and told people I was trying another vegan recipe and if they weren’t good I wouldn’t bring them…. And OH MY GOD did I BRING THEM! I even had a friend tell me later
” … your cupcakes… I’ve been dreaming of them for a week… “
So I made them again for my boyfriend’s birthday and again … complete success! I’m really happy I finally have a good vegan cupcake base to start experimenting with !!
So… Here it is!! (original from here)
Ingredients for 12 vegan cupcakes:
(ps little gold bowl diy here)
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
yup, no eggs no milk!
(scrool down for frosting recipe… also vegan)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup tin (or two 6-cup tins) with paper liners. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk wet ingredients
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined, taking care not to overwork the batter.
4. Fill the cupcake liners with batter until about 2/3 full. Be careful not to over-fill the tins. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out dry. Remove the tin and let cool on a wire rack.
While they’re cooling, it’s time to make the icing:
- ¼ cup vegan butter (margarine or whatever you usually use)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/8 tsp of salt (+ a little more for decorating)
- 1 ½ cups of icing gsugar
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan
- Add sugar, milk and salt. Mix and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and leave on for 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the icing sugar little by little mixing with your hand mixer. Add sugar until you get the desired texture and let it cool to room tepretaure
And then put it in your icing in a bag and ice your cupcakes adding salt for decorations before the icing “hardens” and it doesn’t stick to it.